|(Not my house).|
Good morning from Maine where I’m hoping for snow. It has been a couple of weeks since our last snow storm and I’m worried that our ski season will be too short if we don’t get more snow soon. Either way, I won’t be able to ski today because this afternoon I’m hosting some webinars for the faculty of Coast Community College, California. If you’re interested in having me do the same for your school, please get in
touch with me here.
This time of the school year is often the hardest for me. The fun of the winter holidays is gone, the days are short, and spring break is a long way off. For me the best way to deal with that stress is to go outside and exercise by riding my bike, skiing, or just taking long walks with my dogs. I hope that you also have a fun and healthy way of dealing with the stress of this time of school year.
These were the week’s most popular posts:
Ten Time-savers for G Suite for Education Users
Professional Development Opportunities
- More than 300 of you have participated in a Practical Ed Tech course in 2020. Those registrations help keep Free Technology for Teachers and Practical Ed Tech going. I couldn’t do it without you!
- BoomWriter is hosting a unique creative writing contest for kids. Check it out!
- Pixton EDU is a great tool for creating comics and storyboards.
Other Places to Follow Me:
- The Practical Ed Tech Newsletter comes out every Sunday evening/ Monday morning. It features my favorite tip of the week and the week’s most popular posts from Free Technology for Teachers.
- My YouTube channel has more than 32,000 subscribers watching my short tutorial videos on a wide array of educational technology tools.
- I’ve been Tweeting as @rmbyrne for thirteen years.
- The Free Technology for Teachers Facebook page features new and old posts from this blog throughout the week.
- And if you’re curious about my life outside of education, you can follow me on Instagram or Strava.