This week is school vacation week here in Maine. I usually take this week off to go ice fishing on Moosehead Lake. Unfortunately, that’s not happening this year. Instead I’ll be “staycationing” and working on some projects around home. While on my staycation I’ll be sharing some of my personal favorite tools. Knowt is one of my favorite new tools of the last 18 months.
Knowt is a free service for turning documents into flashcards, quizzes, and other review activities. When it was initially launched it was created for individual use. Since then Knowt developed a teacher platform that you can use to develop activities to directly share with your students.
- You can create online classrooms for your students to join. It is possible to import Google Classroom rosters.
- Knowt will generate flashcards based on the documents that you create or import (I just copied and pasted a Google Doc into Knowt).
- Knowt will generate quizzes based on your documents.
- Quiz question formats include multiple choice, fill-in-the-blank, matching, true/false, and sequencing.
- Quizzes can be graded or ungraded activities.