If you’ve ever wanted an easy way to add an emoji to a message, email, or comment section, here’s how to type emoji in nearly any text field from your Mac — no Touch Bar required.
Emojis have become a part of everyday language, and for many of us, they help us communicate our thoughts and feelings through text.
However, if you want to use an emoji elsewhere, like a comment section on YouTube or in an email, the solution isn’t immediately apparent. Still, it’s something that can be done with just a quick keyboard shortcut.
How to type emoji on Mac
- On your keyboard, press command+control+space at the same time
- Scroll to browse emoji
- When you find the emoji you’d like to use, click to select it
Of course, it’s even easier if you have a MacBook with a Touch Bar.
How to type an emoji with the Touch Bar
- On your Mac’s Touch Bar, tap the emoji button
- Scroll through the emojis to find one you’d like to use
- Tap an emoji to add it to your text field