Good morning from Maine where it’s going to be nice day with clear skies and temperatures peaking around 30F. In other words, it’s going to be a good day for playing in the snow with my daughters. I foresee some sledding, skiing, and lots of fun in future. I’m also hoping to get some time this weekend to read
A Concise History of Fly Fishing. I hope that wherever you are this weekend, you have something fun planned as well.
This week was my first week back at school after winter break and I still managed to create some new blog posts and videos this week. Some highlights of this week in blogging include annotating your screen in Google Meet, a neat writing contest for kids, and turning your iPhone into a document camera.
These were the most popular posts of the week:
Video – How to Annotate Your Screen in Google Meet
Overviewer – Turn Your iPhone or iPad Into a Document Camera in Zoom
Seven Apps and Sites to Encourage Healthy Diet and Exercise Habits
Boomwriter’s Writing Bee – A Unique Creative Writing Contest for Kids
How to Add an Announcement Banner to Google Sites
Professional Development Opportunities
- More than 300 of you have participated in a Practical Ed Tech course in 2020. Those registrations help keep Free Technology for Teachers and Practical Ed Tech going. I couldn’t do it without you!
- Pixton EDU is a great tool for creating comics and storyboards.
- Wakelet is a great tool for making collections of resources, recording video, and more!
Other Places to Follow Me:
- The Practical Ed Tech Newsletter comes out every Sunday evening/ Monday morning. It features my favorite tip of the week and the week’s most popular posts from Free Technology for Teachers.
- My YouTube channel has more than 32,000 subscribers watching my short tutorial videos on a wide array of edtech tools.
- I’ve been Tweeting as @rmbyrne for thirteen years.
- The Free Technology for Teachers Facebook page features new and old posts from this blog throughout the week.
- And if you’re curious about my life outside of education, you can follow me on Instagram or Strava.